About This Blog

This blog offers fellow book lovers reviews and suggestions for all types of literature. I read all genres and will finish every book I start. I will also discuss numerous aspects of reading, anything from printing companies to libraries.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Authors

Although there are many "one hit wonders" in terms of authors, some deliver consistently.
In my opinion, these authors are ones who you can count on to deliver an enjoyable read.
*Mary Higgins Clark- Though her books are extremely similar, so much so that I have read almost everything and can't keep them apart, her works can be counted on to provide entertainment in terms of the suspense/mystery genre. In particular, I enjoyed Where are the Children and All Around the Town.
*Tamora Pierce- Tamora Pierce is a good read for fantasy. Her series include The Immortals Quartet, The Song of the Lioness, Protector of the Small, Trickster, and Beka Cooper. These books are labeled YA but they are quick and enjoyable reads.
*Robin Mckinely- She has numerous other good reads besides The Blue Sword. She writes a more adult style of consistently high quality fantasy.
* Sarah Dessen- This author is consistent in her mediocrity. However cliche and feminine her books may be, they always deliver a good read if you are looking for mindless literature that still has good character development and an engaging plot.
*Dan Brown- His books are always action-packed and suspenseful with frequent surprise endings.


Though I am sure there are authors I am forgetting, this is all I can think of at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Tamora Pierce, Robin Mckinley, Sarah Dessen...these were definitely some of my favorite authors in middle school. Love that you mentioned them!

    ReplyDelete