About This Blog

This blog offers fellow book lovers reviews and suggestions for all types of literature. I read all genres and will finish every book I start. I will also discuss numerous aspects of reading, anything from printing companies to libraries.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bookmarks

Bookmarks are a fun and important aspect of all types of reading. Although I myself don't use bookmarks to hold my place in books when I am reading for fun, I still have a minor bookmark obsession. By minor, I mean I absolutely adore bookmarks. There are several different types of commercial bookmarks I would like to discuss.

First off, store bought bookmarks can be of several types
1) metal traditional
2)paper traditional

3)clip

4)magnet


Then I like to categorize by the way the bookmark looks
1) philosophical quote

2) pretty picture 

3)commercial advertisement/promo


4)cheesy read books bookmarks!!!!!!!


The corny "pro-reading" bookmarks are my favorite and I have a very large collection. Answer my poll... what do you like to use as a bookmark?

5 comments:

  1. I tend to use my receipts from buying the book as my bookmark. It's handy and always there. I think the last time I had a real bookmark was in elementary school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogging the corners of a books pages really bothers me. I tend to use traditional book marks- but only when I read books for leisure, which is far too rare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use scrap paper, or I just dog-ear the corner of the page if it's a book that's already a bit tattered. All this talk about bookmarks is making me realize that I don't do enough reading in my spare time, unfortunately. Perhaps this summer would be a good time for everyone to get caught up with the latest and greatest in literature (and maybe revisit some old classics as well).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting pictures of bookmarks. Do you actually collect them? Why don't you bring them on your presentation day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree because it makes me realize I don't read enough either. Also, I tend to like using sticky notes as my bookmarks because I know they will not go anywhere.

    ReplyDelete