About This Blog

This blog offers fellow book lovers reviews and suggestions for all types of literature. I read all genres and will finish every book I start. I will also discuss numerous aspects of reading, anything from printing companies to libraries.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bookshelves

While bookmarks are a very important part of the reading experience, the storage of books play an equally important role. To keep your books in good condition, you must store them properly. Shelve should be away from things like water, air vents, dogs and small children that will ruin your books. It is important to store books straight up and down so their spines don't become cracked or warped. Beyond that, you want your books to look inviting, so make a bookshelf attractive but not too cluttered so your books are reachable. Here is my unfortunately small bookshelf from my dorm room.

1 comment:

  1. Out of curiosity, what do you think of ereaders? I love books and I felt pretty indifferent about Kindles/Nooks/etc, but I fell in love with the Kindle I got as a gift last Christmas almost immediately; it makes reading so much easier and more convenient and I actually read more because of it. Are you in favor of ereaders, or do you prefer hard copies of books?

    ReplyDelete