About This Blog

This blog offers fellow book lovers reviews and suggestions for all types of literature. I read all genres and will finish every book I start. I will also discuss numerous aspects of reading, anything from printing companies to libraries.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

College Students on Reading

Intreviews with college students helped to give me a better picture of how they feel about books and reading for pleasure.

*How often do you read for fun? Why?
Person 1) If comics count, than once a week. If not than probably once a month here at college.
Person 2) Never. Because I have to read too much for school.
Person 3) Never now that I'm in college. :-(
Person 4) Occasionally, only if I find a good book to read
Person 5) Not as much as I want to because of English 101
Person 6) Never

*What is your favorite book?
1) Greeb Eggs and Ham cause it is the first book I ever read aloud. But really, Modoc: The Greatest Elephant That Ever Lived 
2) The Old Man and The Sea  by Ernest Hemingway
3) Harry Potter!!!!
4)The Black Stallion
5) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
6) Hmmm... I liked Three Cups of Tea*What do you usually use as a bookmark?
1) My mind, I just remember the pages. It's actually a little challenge I have for myself to see how long I can remember pages.
2) Whatever I can find
3) A scrap piece of paper
4) A notecard
5) Tissues
6) Scraps of paper

*Where do you get the books you read?
1) LIBRARY!!!!
2) Library
3) Library
4) Either the library or as presents
5) Amazon.com
6) The bookstore. And I steal from family members

* Do you use the Internet to connect with authors, find fandoms, read, or find books to read?
1) Yes, I read my comics on the Internet. I also read homework assignments on Blackboard.
2)No, I use it to search the library though
3) Yes, I do all of those things
4) No, not really
5) yes, amazon.
6) Yes

*Did you like reading as a child?
1) Um... sort of. I mean, it was tolerable I suppose.
2) No
3) Yes!
4) NO!!!
5) No, not until 6th or 7th grade
6) I guess. Can't really remember but I've never been much of a reader.

2 comments:

  1. This is such an interesting interview! I really enjoyed hearing everyone's responses and comparing them with my own answers (haha) What's another question you wish you could ask people about books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know whose favorite book is The Black Stallion. That was my favorite book as a kid. It sucks that for the most part, college kids don't really have the time or the desire to read books for fun outside of what they read for class.

    ReplyDelete